Friday, May 24, 2013

Larkspur Flower & Food Festival - 05/26/13

Stop and smell the roses...unless you're
allergic to them.



Larkspur Flower & Food Festival
Larkspur, CA

I have a love-hate relationship with flowers.

I loved my high school and college job, working as a cashier in my aunt and uncle’s flower shop inside the Weberstown Mall in Stockton.  When I wasn’t assembling bouquets or fashioning boutonnieres, I was either finishing up homework, glued to whatever soap opera was on the black-and-white TV next to the register, or shoving fistfuls of caramel corn from Mr. Sib’s in my mouth…all for seven bucks an hour.

On the other hand, I also spent an entire college semester gagging for two hours, twice a week, as I was stuck in a classroom with no windows and in close proximity to one particular student, Monica, with a penchant for lavender-scented perfume and the inability to apply anything less than half a bottle right before class.

Lucky for me, Larkspur holds this festival out in the fresh air - at the foot of Mt. Tamalpais, to be exact.  Enjoy the beauty of the flora while sampling the area’s best gourmet foods as locals have done for over 20 years.  Live music and a kids’ corner round out this family-friendly event.

Festivals tend to have at least one BBQ vendor, which is where you’ll find me if I happen to spot Monica in the crowd.  On the other hand, is it considered assault if you Febreeze someone?

No comments:

Post a Comment