Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sacramento Wine & Dine - 05/30/12 - 06/10/12

Use these, you savage!

Sacramento Wine & Dine
Sacramento, CA

I have trust issues.  Let's just get that out right now.

A co-worker once offered me a confection shipped in from some foreign country.  A newbie at my office, I wanted to fit in...appear brave...look like a bad-ass, if you will: "Give that to me - I'll try anything!"

Moments later, I had a mouth full of stale, crumbly powder.  It tasted like feet.

Luckily, the chefs of the establishments featured during Sacramento Wine & Dine are far more trustworthy, creating special 3- or 4-course prix fixe meals that appeal to the masses.  Some even offer wine pairings, which is great because I'd never guess that one wine could complement arancini, pear salad with goat cheese AND rabbit pappardelle.  Lesson learned!

Try out a new restaurant or two, give in to the chefs' choices, and for the love of God always have a chaser available.  You can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment